We made it to the finish line of our One Room Challenge! We’ve had many a late night and more fast food than I care to admit over the last 5 weeks, but walking into our dream bedroom now, it all seems worth it.
Before we get to all the pretty let’s take a peek back at where we started. Our master suite has been stuck in a half finished state since we moved in to the Dreamhouse a year and a half ago. Even though we’ve had our beautiful master bath, the part of the space we spend the most time in left much to be desired.
And without further adieu, come on in to our Dream Bedroom!
Our plan for the pallet wall going in was to stain the boards, but once we got them cleaned up and sanded they were just so beautiful we decided to keep the natural colour. We did apply a thin layer of poly in a satin finish to seal it.
Can we take a second to admire this fabric?! The print is just so much fun, and these faux roman blinds were another super easy DIY.
Opposite the bed we created a sitting area. I can definitely see it becoming a new favourite spot for morning coffees. I’m also really happy we decided to install the hardwood. It just makes SO much of a difference! It was definitely worth the extra expense – not to mention that it gave us a reason to add that gorgeous geometric print rug!
After nearly 2 years, it feels amazing to finally see our dream bedroom come to life! Hopefully you enjoyed seeing the transformation as much as we did. In the coming weeks, we’ll be sharing more about some of the details that went into the room, but for now we’ll leave you with this.
- Flooring: 5″ Maple Raven Handscraped Hardwood
- Wall Colour: PARA Paints Sterling Spoon (PF71)
- Door Colour: PARA Paints Mama’s Boy (P5205-
- Trim Colour: PARA Paints Out For a Stroll (P5204-14)
- Pallet Wall Wood Finish: Minwax Polycrylic Protective Finish in Satin
- Bed: Geraldine King Size Bed from Structube
- Duvet Cover: Holli Zollinger Duvet Cover Set from Wayfair
- Coverlet: Isle Collection – 3-Piece Coverlet Set in Grey from Bouclair
- Nightstands: BROBY Nightstand from JYSK
- Wall Sconces: Nikita 1-Light Wall Sconce from All Modern
- Window Coverings: DIY Faux Roman Blinds using Modernist Joel Dewberry fabric in Prismatic Pink from Fabric Spark
- Loveseat: Baxton Studio Loveseat from Wayfair
- Rug: Geometric Print Rug from Homesense
- Side Table in the sitting area: VOGAR Cement look Side table from JYSK
- Floor Lamp: RANARP Floor/reading lamp from IKEA
- Coffee Table in the sitting area: KVISTBRO Storage table from IKEA
Before we go, we want to send out a huge thank you to Linda at Calling It Home and Media Partner House Beautiful for hosting the One Room Challenge and giving us the much needed kick in the pants to finally get this room completed. Also a big thanks to our amazing sponsors who contributed to this project.
Lastly, thanks to all of you who followed along on our journey to create this space. We truly appreciate all of your comments & words of encouragement! If you missed any of the previous five weeks and want to get caught up, you can check out our posts here: