If you’d like to use a photo or editorial content from our blog, you are permitted to use ONE photo, however credit under our blog name and a link back must be given.
Use of our images and or content in the following ways are not permitted:
- Collages made from the steps of our tutorials to appear as “one” photo are not permitted. This includes pinning collages of our photos on Pinterest as one photo.
- Pinning an image from our blog that leads to your site.
- Sharing a photo of our project (collage or otherwise) on any form of social media and linking to your own website instead of ours.
- Photos being altered in any way including additional text or your own graphics being added to our photographs. This is applies to all forms of social media including Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.
- Using a photo in a round up post with your own affiliate links, linking to products we have used in our photos.
- Photos being used to advertise your business.
- Translating our tutorials in another language and using all of the photos on your site.
- Under no circumstances should entire entries (tutorials with photos & text) be copied and pasted.
Any use of our images or content that is in violation of the above will result in you being contacted to have it removed. If it is not removed it after our initial attempt to contact you, we will then contact Google to have you remove it. To explain it in simple terms – why would anyone come to our site to see our tutorials or content, if it can all be found on yours. No one likes to have their work stolen. It’s bad online blogging etiquette and flat out plagiarism.
Note: Photos of our son are strictly forbidden from use. This includes round up posts.
From time to time we do use affiliate links in our blog posts. Affiliate links are links to retailers that we receive commission from should you purchase something from them upon clicking the link. We only link to sites we trust and products that we actually endorse and use.
Sponsored Posts and Product Reviews
Sponsored posts are collaborative posts between ourselves and a brand or company where we receive either product or financial compensation for writing a post. Sponsored Posts are always disclosed at the end of the post.
Product Reviews are similar in that they are sometimes of our own accord (meaning we purchased the product ourselves) and are not always financially compensated. If a product was given to us for a review however, it is always disclosed within the text or at the end of the post.
This policy is valid from 14 July 2017. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by us. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. The content, topics and posts will be identified as paid advertisements or sponsored posts. The owners of this blog are compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owners of this blog receive compensation for posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. To get your own policy, go to disclosurepolicy.org
Like many other Web sites, thedreamhouseproject.ca makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track users movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
.:: Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to thedreamhouseproject.ca and other sites on the Internet.
thedreamhouseproject.ca has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.